Friday, November 2, 2007

I'm Entering a Carnival

I love to visit Janey Loree's blog Mustang 'n' Cowboys. I love the stories of how her sons train wild Mustangs. But oh dear...her two boys just moved to Texas and took their horses with them. Janey misses them dearly, but on the bright side, the boys have been taking pictures and Janey posts photos of their adventures.

Janey is hosting her first blog carnival! The "Authors go GONZO! Carnival" and its slated for November 5, 2007. Janey says, "Share about the book(s) you have written or are in the process of writing. Who is your favorite author and/or what book series holds that special place on your bookshelf or what book based movie, in your opinion, is not as good as the book!" Everyone is welcome to enter!

I will be entering a post entitled, "My Grandmother's Old Blue Book." It will be posted here in a few days!

Unusual occurrences happen in blog world, and Janey and I have experienced this! Shortly after I stumbled upon her blog Notes that Touch the Heart (by way of Pieces of Me) I found myself reading a post by Janey which described an area in Arizona connected with her roots. My husband had roots there too. And it turned out both of our families had land there...and then we found that some of her family members and my husband's family members had the same last name. It turns out that Janey is a cousin!—related to my husband by the marriage of her grandfather! That was a nice surprise!

Okay—back to the subject at hand. If you enjoy books, authors and writing, stop by and visit the carnival on November 5th. And if you're feeling inspired...it's not to late to enter!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cousin! If I'm not mistaken this looks like your 100th Post!!! And I feel honored that you are commemorating it with a post about my very first blog carnival. LOL

You have been added in the credits over at Twiglet the Little Christmas Tree.

See you at the carnival!!! BTW, you are right...everyone has until 11:59 1/2 p.m. on Sunday, November 4th to enter their post.

Dawn said...

It isindeed a small world, and blogging is the best use of the internet that I can imagine!

Susan Skitt said...

Normally would love to participate in something like this, but have a few things to do before some surgery next week. Have fun my friend!

I'll be hosting a book giveaway next week (I'll post before my surgery) for the new devotional book I've contributed to :) And I finally wrote my "100 things post" on a Word doc. so will be posting that this week."

So cool about your cousin!