Thursday, October 23, 2008

God Will Supply All Our Needs

If you are a parent with a child who has special needs, our church is the place to go. We have a great Special Needs ministry. Parents are supported by trained caregivers who supervise your child while you attend church and Sunday School. We also have a playground that is "Special Needs Friendly." Last Saturday I participated in a fundraising walk for our Special Needs ministry.





Then...on Sunday, we planted grass by the back door. I'm very excited about this. I'm tired of looking at the dirt. I'll post another picture when the grass starts filling in.



Don't you just love Mozart's decorative red air compressor on the porch. His friend was cleaning out his garage and Mozart came home with it. "This is great. We can pump up our motorcycle tires, blow air off the porch and use it with air tools."As soon as the grass is up, I'm transferring the wonderful machine to the shed.

And my son is still elsewhere. He has been out for two weeks. It's very hard on my mother's heart. Especially when he shows up looking tired and worn and hungry. You see, it was our decision to turn him out...due to a wrong choice he made. I'm anxious to have him back...to relieve my stress...but it's not time yet. (We do let him eat when he shows up hungry.)

When he does come back...it brings a different stress. It seems there is no comfortable solution. And he needs to find a job before he comes home...because when he's home...it seems he relaxes too much and is not motivated to find a job.

The job with the family friend that I met on back-to-school night hasn't happened. The work that our family friend was expecting, hasn't come in yet. I'm not sure if it will.

A friend in my Moms In Touch group has housed him for a few nights. I'm so thankful for that.

So one must trust God. And take things one day at a time.

My life has been full. My job at the school has been busy, and I also have an afternoon job as a caregiver.

Then of course there's the work at home...and trying to re-organize our money due to our country (and the world's) economic situation.

We truly are living in interesting times. I keep up with all the business news. I think I have found a new interest: Economics

I'm glad that underneath all of this...God is in control!

4 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

What a great ministry at your church and oh how it is needed!

I here you about that air compressor, my hubby would have done the same thing!

Continuing in prayer for you and your son. Tough love is well, tough, but oh so necessary.

Have a great weekend!

groovyoldlady said...

Your church is a REAL blessing. My grandson has autism and right now, my DIL can't take him to church. He's 3 and 1/2 and CAN'T act appropriately (yet) and folks give her such a hard time. It's truly a shame.

I know what you mean about your son. Benn there, done that. Ugh. You are in my prayers!

Susan Skitt said...

Hi ya Sharon, if you get a chance, stop on by my blog today. I'm having a special guest share tips on how to simplify the holidays :)

Jan Parrish said...

Sharon, praying for your mothers heart.

Looks like a wonderful ministry to be involved with.