Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

A glimpse of our day...



Aunt Elsie is 96. She enjoyed being the first one through the food line.


And below...is a rare event. I was actually able to take a picture of both sons together. My eldest is the blond on the left. The youngest is on the right.



My husband and son are hiding from the camera while cousin Larry loads his plate. My mother scampers by with a pot.



Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm going to try to stay in the spirit if Thanksgiving. I fall into the bad habit of dwelling on the dark side. But God has brought us many blessings. Remember that old hymn? Count your many blessings--and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

She looks great for 96! She deserves to be first, for sure.

Glad you got both boys to stand together long enough for a picture!

Yolanda said...

I looks as though you had good time. Hope you have wonderful holidays.

Willow said...

I've been back tracking some old posts (England 08) and found your url and popped over. Wow. Tough times, huh? We too are in SoCal and are seeing the hard times around us. BTW,I am originally from Oregon. It rains alot there.

I'll be back often to see how things are going for you (and esp your son).

Susan Skitt said...

What a nice family get together. Certainly there is so much to be thankful for to God. Someone at our church likes say the words to Count Your Many Blessings like this: "Count your many blessings name them ton by ton!"