Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sitting here thinking...

When I held my first baby in my arms, I never dreamed how hard parenting him would be. I never imagined the pain he would put us through. I never dreamed how deeply I would love him.

Sigh.

Two-steps forward, then two steps backwards.

I'm learning that I'm not alone. There are many hurting parents. God's desk must be inundated with requests for wayward children. Oh God...hurry and help us all.

The bottom line is: my son needs to turn his life over to his maker. Only then, will he make progress.

I pray daily for this.

2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

Praying with you my friend...
Keep trusting. No matter what choices our kids make, Jesus will see us through, even when our hearts are breaking.

Michelle (wife, mom, grandma, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman) said...

Sharon,
I am so right there with you. Do you ever look through old photos and begin to cry? How innocent they once were. But those photos also remind me how precious our children still are...they started out that way, and they remain that way in not only our eyes, but in the Father's eyes. He cradles them in His arms and loves them just as when they were newborns. I pray someday they will rest in those Great Big Arms, but I do rest easier knowing God's love isn't dependent on them.
Blessings, sweet sister. You are in my prayers...
Michelle