Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year



On Christmas, my father, and my two sons posed for a picture. My younger son is holding his new "guitar hero" computer "game". My older son is standing next to his grandfather.

Tonight, New Year's Eve, is shaping up to be a quiet evening. Originally I told the boys they could have some friends over. We discussed movies and what to buy for soda etc. Then my youngest was invited over to a friend's house to spend the night...and attend the Rose Parade tomorrow. Not long afterwards, my oldest got into a major disagreement with his dad, and roared off in his car. He will not be home tonight.

I don't mind the quiet evening...I just wish things weren't strained with our oldest.

My husband has been down lately. Can't seem to pick himself up. Today is difficult.

In the New Year, we are going to be on a fast and wild ride with our oldest. Situations are arising where guidance will be needed. As soon as the New Year begins I am going to look for counsel. It's so hard to find...I've tried before. But I have renewed hope that I will find some help, because I feel God prompting me to go.

I pray a lot for my sons and husband. Today as I prayed, the spirit within me prompted me to go a step further. It's time to thank God for his answers. As I began to re-focus my heart and thank God for what he IS DOING, I felt a solid calmness. I felt reminded that every bad thing that happens...God CAN USE. And then I remembered something our pastor said.

God has already won the victory.
GOD HAS ALREADY WON THE VICTORY.

Satan is already defeated.

And although evil still fights in and around us...we can proclaim that God is going to win in the end.

I'm looking forward to my quiet evening.

Happy New Year to all of you!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Yep. We've read the last chapter!

DC used to be so sad about Kev - it is so good to see them be good friends and have fun together. It can happen!

Unknown said...

We will thank God for the victories that he has already won on your families behalf, too! We look forward to hearing how He has done this when the reports come in!!! We also are praying for God's peace that passes all understanding to envelop and lift each one of you separately and then together as a family.

Susan Skitt said...

The calm in the storm... the peace of God that passes all understanding...

I'm sorry to hear about the tough times, especially on New Years Eve with your oldest. It must be very difficult.

I'm happy that God is giving you His peace. You know, in recent years, I've taken a second and third look at Philippians 4 that talks about the peace of God that passes all understanding. It's incredible to look at the verses before that talk about prayer and giving thanks to the Lord. Then the peace comes... Praise Him for His goodness.

Love ya,
Susan

P.S. Jared (16) likes to play Guitar Hero with his friends :)

Becky Wolfe said...

I'm glad that you are looking at the blessings among the sorrows. Sometimes we can be overwhelmed by what we feel God ISN'T doing that we forget to see ALL that He has already DONE!

Happy New Year to you my friend. I am continuing to pray for your son & the healing that will need to take place for reconciliation.