Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Bucket List

You remember the movie, "The Bucket List" with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. They made a list of things to do before they "kicked the bucket".

Playing the violin has always been on my bucket list. How can I go through life without experiencing what it feels like to be a violinist? So I borrowed a violin from a school this summer.



Whenever I play, I hear doors slamming. Sometimes I have to change rooms. But it's a small price to pay for getting to pretend you're Itzhak Perlman.





Yesterday I worked on the "Happy Birthday" tune. C, my oldest son, is 22 today!

He helped me cook dinner. As his father later put it..."I think C has discovered garlic."

We had garlic mash potatoes, garlic shrimp and garlic steaks.

I'm thankful for a good day with him.

Above is a California Poppy adding a bit of beauty to my weed covered yard.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

22 - wow. I'm still thinking of him as 19! Discovered garlic - too funny! I'm glad you had a good time.

Karen said...

I LOVE the violin...more as a hearer instead of a player,though...

Glad you had a good time with your son...great birthday memory!

Willow said...

Happy Post! Violins~ I always wanted to learn. Garlic~ made me giggle. Happy Birthday to your son!

Marg said...

I would love to accompany you on the piano. The more I get to know you, the more similarities. My daughter played violin, Suzuki Method, and I always accompanied her...I love classical music.

Susan Skitt said...

How fun!!! You go girl, keep playing and soon you'll be making music!!!

Much love,
Susan