Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An Afternoon Vacation


This is my friend Lynn who called me up and said, "Do you want to do something fun?"

So on Sunday afternoon we put our roller blades and boogie boards in the car and headed down the freeway to Huntington Beach.

Whoopie! Here I am in my son's roller blades. He wore them when he was 12, and he took off the brakes for some reason and lost them. This presented a problem...



--when sliding through crowds of people and pit bulls.



The crowd was thick around the pier, but then tapered off a bit. Lynn, in her white sweatshirt, patiently tries to balance on her blades at a standstill, while I take pictures.



I wanted to give you a sense of the culture here. Do you hear the flute?



Everyone is on an afternoon vacation.
There are many ways to relax.


It's almost time for us to go surfing...on our boogie boards. They are about half the size of these.


I better catch up with Lynn!



We had a great time!

How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house.

Psalm 36:7,8a

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Don't you just love day trips and mini-vacations!! Sounds and looks like a fun and relaxing time.

The words of the scripture - "unfailing love" and "in the shadow of your wings" - are so comforting!

Karen said...

What fun! Except for having no brakes....

Dawn said...

Looks like you had fun, but it is not something I would ever have the courage to do! What a lot of people were out there with you!!

Susan Skitt said...

What a fun time with your friend. I wish I could find someone who likes to rollerblade with me. I haven't been on my blades since the fall season and look forward to going to the park soon to rollerblade again. Of course this spring and summer I had a very good reason why I couldn't...

Maybe I'll bring my camera when I go next time. I think I did blog a few years back about blading at the park. Our local park with a lake seems to appear in many of my stories... especially in the published books.
Hugs!