Friday, January 11, 2008

Numbering our Days

I'm in the kitchen.
It's 7:45 a.m.
The youngest is at school.
The oldest is at community service.
Handsome husband is still sleeping.

I am with the Lord, meeting him at the kitchen table for quiet time and a bowl of cereal.

We're looking at II Peter.

A cross-reference brought me to Psalm 90. I was surprised that it related goals. (see yesterday's post)
So I took a quick break to let you know this. This is what it says.

"Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of
wisdom."

This part wasn't too encouraging...

"The length of our days is seventy years--or eighty,
if we have the strength;
yet their span is but trouble and sorrow,
and they quickly pass,
and we fly away."

Then I had to laugh at this part:

"Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,"

But I loved this part...

"Satisfy us in the morning
with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy
and be glad all of our days"

I'm going back to my quiet time now.
I want to wrap myself in his unfailing love.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I love your goals. And I love the scripture you shared. I just heard something today about the problem with life - it is so everyday! And then I have been thinking about "normal" which someone else wrote about today. What is "normal?" Our life has a new normal with the little tiny twins. But God is in the normal, the abnormal, and can help us through it all! Praise Him.

So what are you going to do when the car insurance runs out??

Susan Skitt said...

How wonderful, to be wrapped up in His love like that. I just love moments like that with the Lord. Thanks for sharing yours with us :)

Singing for joy,
Susan

Beach Girl said...

Amen. It is His unfailing love gets me through. Thank you for your prayers and friendship.

Vanessa

Dawn said...

How are things??