Saturday, September 12, 2009

Trying to Stay on the Path

In the coming weeks I'm going into a busy time. The road I travel will be going through appointment(s) with a lawyer and a difficult hearing, will wind through teaching math and reading to challenging (but fun) students, and it will propel me to the jungles of Kauai. (That's the best part!)

I'll doing some short posts...because I want to stay in touch!

Today's short post.

I'm putting together my grocery list again.

So far...

Saturday: Barbecued boneless skinless chicken breasts--bought on sale at Sam's Club. I bought lots' of them!

Sunday: Caesar Chicken Salad (using the left over chicken breasts)

Monday: Tortilla soup (using the left over chicken)

Tuesday: I'm still working on this--something with my ground turkey

Okay...I'm going to finish my list and go out this morning and try to keep the bill LOW.

Just as a side note...when I have time I'm working on a family history album...and writing brief biographies of grand-parents and great-grand parents.
Here is a picture of my great-grandmother Matilda and her three children in their Southern California home very close to Los Angeles in about 1917. My grand-father is the tall skinny one.



And here is a picture of my writer's critique group. We met at Jane's home last week and had a great time!


"The Lord will never leave you or forsake you".

5 comments:

Karen said...

Will be praying for you during your busy time...

Your family history album sounds wonderful! I love projects like that...present and future generations will be blessed by your work on this....

Willow said...

This is a busy and stressful time for you. Stay focused on The One!

Dawn said...

I'm glad you have Maui to look forward to in the midst of court. I haven't heard about that one!

Thanks for coming by in the midst of your busy-ness!

Marg said...

I remember you talking about the Kauaii trip a while back. Sorry to hear about your court case.
Meanwhile I'm glad you have the history albums to keep your sanity going.

Susan Skitt said...

Nice post my friend. Love those old photos and seeing your writers group. And I love your budget friendly meals ideas!

PS - I have posted some pics for you to see on my blog. The ones you requested :)