Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Because of Them...

Photo from War News Radio website
"Soldiers Resting"


I'm thankful for this day.
A day of rest in the middle of the week.
I have rest...because of the young men and women who protect our country.
I have peace, because they are standing in the gap.
I pray for strength, courage and that they will know God, and His Son.

I think of the families who have lost their sons and daughters, and pray for them. It must be hard for them at this time of year...Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I have a friend who is involved in a prayer ministry for Military Chaplains. They need our support, too.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful tribute....

Dawn said...

Beautiful, Sharon! I'm sorry I haven't been over - you know why though! Thanks for coming over to catch up on the travels. It has been amazing.