Saturday, February 20, 2010

On the Road

No. It's not a ship on the sea. It's a farm in a grove of trees...on a sea of sleeping grapevines.



Last weekend Mozart and I traveled to Bakersfield to visit his sister and brother-in-law. We headed out of Los Angeles, climbed over the mountains and descended into California's fertile basin.

I snapped the picture at dusk, as Mozart drove 80 mph. The open spaces of land were impressive to me. It was a breath of fresh air for this city-dweller. Bakersfield, however, is quite built up...much like home. But one can drive a few minutes and be out into the flat spaces.

I'll post some pictures next time. Today I have to practice EXCEL. I'm taking a class in the evenings.

Have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

Marg said...

Good Luck with Excel...I took the course three times and now I feel much better with it and actually use it for spreadsheets all the time.
I love the wide-open spaces.