Friday, May 14, 2010

Colorado (Part Three)

We are driving to "Garden of the Gods." There's Pikes Peak in the background.



This is an amazing place where ancient sedimentary beds of colorful sandstones and limestones stretch toward the sky.






Ashlee and Hollee squeeze into the crevices of "The Three Graces."


They climb the rocks.

He lifted me...out of the mud and mire and set my feet upon a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth. Psalm 40:2

A closer view of Pikes Peak.



We arrive back at the ranch near the end of the day.



The hens are snacking.



The dogs want to play ball.



The horses watch and wait to be fed.

Phyllis Diller cackles, "Where have you been all day!"

The view from the house is breathtaking. I see Pikes Peak in the background and it reminds me of our fun filled day!


View from my brothers ranch.


Back in California, I stopped by a lovely rose garden on my way home from busy errands. I just wanted to share the pictures with you!








The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.
Psalm 145:8


4 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome pictures! Ms. Diller cracked me up!

Dawn said...

Beautiful post, Sharon. I'm glad you finally got to see Pike's Peak without the cloud cover!

Love the picture of Phyllis Diller - she was such a character.

The roses are fabulous - so glad you took the time to go in and enjoy.

To answer your question - it was the wife of the twin, Thomas, who looked up my blog. They told me about it at dinner that first night and apparently, after they found out about us (Thomas knew nothing before this), she looked me up - I don't know how she knew I had a blog - maybe I had mentioned it to Shannon. I need to find out more about that.

And how could I write a blog on the day they're coming? I had that one in my head for a long time and wanted to do it for Mother's Day, so it kind of wrote itself.

Have a great week-end! We had a nice day for part of yesterday and then the clouds moved in again - we can't seem to sustain a whole nice 24 hours - it snowed Wednesday!

Dawn said...

Come on over and celebrate Feisty's b-day!

Marg said...

You have given us a wonderful glimpse of your tour. Breath taking. Sounds like you had a real retreat.