We rode into a ghost town on our dirt bikes a few summers ago. Bodie is the best preserved ghost town in California. Tonight I was going to post some pictures of the town--and us in it--but I can't seem to upload any pictures from photo bucket. I'm a little concerned about this. If photo bucket goes out--I don't know how to post pictures.
So...we will have to talk about something else tonight, but I'm not sure what yet.
Hmmm. I haven't told you very much about my job. I work as an instructional aide in Special Education at a public school. These are kids that get pulled out of their classrooms for some extra tutoring in math, language arts, and writing. I love my job. I'm just completing my third year. These are the things I like about my job:
1) I'm making a difference in a child's life.
2) Watching a child learn--and enjoy learning--is exciting.
3) It keeps my brain from going to sleep. Right now I'm tutoring 5 fourth graders. We're into fractions, decimals, number lines, areas, perimeters, and I'm determined they WILL LEARN THEIR MULTIPLICATION TABLES!
4) I like making up math games.
5) I get to re-learn all the things I forgot.
6) I was able to teach on the history of Christmas which included the Nativity story. Many of the children had never heard the Christmas story!
7) My 2 bosses are nice to work for.
8) I also tutor several first graders, and they keep me hopping. C. always has to go to the restroom when he wants to avoid writing. The bathroom has great acoustics, and today C. started singing loudly--so loud, it was disturbing the class on the other side of the wall. I had to quickly go and get him. J. loves to work on the "Yap-top" (lap-top computer). They are working on a special note to their fathers for Father's Day. "What does your dad do?" "He sleeps alot".
9) I work in the same school district as my 16 year old son. So we have the same days-off. (Oh...and I'm off on Christmas break and Spring break) Of course I get summer off too--but I have an application in to work in summer school because we need a few extra dollars this year.
10) The school is less then 2 miles from home.
11) I work part time. I still have time to get errands done, and all the other things one needs to do to run a house.
Previous to this job, I stayed home...raising my boys. Before that, I worked for 10 years in Human Resources at a bank. After 14 years of raising the boys, I felt nervous about returning to work. I didn't feel confident in my skills. But then a teacher friend called me and told me about this opening. It was a perfect fit for me. It's not easy getting into this district, and the doors opened. I know God was behind this, and I thank him every day for having a job that I don't mind going to.
Thanks for stopping by!!