Saturday, February 9, 2008

A little writing...a little thinking...


Yes, I'm still here. I'll try to post more often. This is a picture of the crows in a back yard tree. They were making quite a ruckus. The picture looks better if you click on it.

I've had a little more time to read and write, because I have to rest my back. I'm struggling with a muscle spasm. I'm starting to write an article. My computer chair has been replaced with the couch. My computer has been replaced with a pad of paper.

Usually I just plunge in, but this time I'm forcing myself to outline the article. It should be easier to write if I know where I'm going. I also had to choose an angle...and had to ask myself....what do I want to give to people...through this. What is the "take-away"?

I haven't heard back yet about the article I submitted to Today's Christian Woman. It usually takes them a couple of months to reply. The article is called, "When God Rode a Dirt Bike".
The article I'm writing now is about an experience the Lord brought me through when I challenged a book that the local high school used for core-curiculumn. It will be a difficult article to write because so much happened. I have to choose the important parts, and leave the rest out.

On the family front, we continue to experience confusing and frustrating situations with our oldest son. Regarding the job: We're not sure if he got it or not. Will give you an update later.

At the end of my rope...of expertise...in the family arena...and after much prayer, I have sought a counselor. I had my first meeting last week. I'm encouraged that she may be able to help me see things objectively. So far we're just gathering family information.

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My hope is in you.
Psalm 39:7

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cuz! Glad to see that you are back to posting part time. I hope that you've rested enough to get rid of the muscle spasm. I have suffered back pain for eight years now and even though I had back surgery in 2001, I still have issues going on. Tell you what...when my back hurts, I will pray for yours.

Have a peaceful day tomorrow and for each day next week!

Susan Skitt said...

Oh I clicked on the picture. Wow, all those crows in the tree, very cool looking. They're noisy birds though, aren't they? I remember early one morning my quiet time was shattered with a screeching sound, "Call, call, call..."

Interestingly, at the time I was reading in the Bible about our mouths, how we should speak to one another. The Lord used that as a little object lesson in my life to not sound like one of those crows. I'm still learning that lesson...

Will continue to pray for you in your writing and seeking help in this troubling time with your son.

What a nice way to end your post, too. My hope is in the Lord! Amen!

Dawn said...

Love the picture! I hope you are feeling better, and what a great time to take out to write an article. I have never even ventured into such -

Keep us posted on the job situation!

Becky Wolfe said...

Always praying for you & your family. Sorry to hear about your back. With my nausea, my laptop has been moved into the livingroom & I plink away from the couch as well. Whenever I start an article, I like to at least get the INTRO out on paper. Once I get those thoughts organized then I feel like I can type at the rest but if I come to a writing block, I always seem to go back to that notepad. Maybe doodling gives me inspiration. Good luck with the counselling sessions! Its nice to have an unbiased ear some times!

Yolanda said...

I will be praying for you and your family. I love your phots and good luck with your writing.