Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday Thoughts

This quote was written by Oswald Chambers in his book My Utmost for his Highest. (Oswald Chambers 1874-1917; the book, a Christian classic was published in 1935)

"All of God's revealed truths are sealed until they are opened to us through obedience. You will never open them through philosophy or thinking. But once you obey, a flash of light comes immediately . . . If you obey God in the first thing He shows you, then He instantly opens up the next truth to you. You could read volumes on the work of the Holy Spirit, when five minutes of total, uncompromising obedience would make things as clear as sunlight . . . Yet God will never reveal more truth about Himself to you, until you have obeyed what you know already."

This week I'm going to try this. I'm going to be more cognizant about obeying what I know is true.

For starters, I need to get off the computer, stop staying up so late, and go to bed. I will be more clear headed during the day—if I get more sleep.

See you during the week!

3 comments:

Beach Girl said...

I think everyone feels the same way about the computer. What a blessing it is, but also what a curse it can be.

Vanessa

Susan Skitt said...

True my friend. I enjoy our times visiting on different sites, but it can be time consuming, a blessing, but there needs to be balance, right?

I like what you said about obeying what we know is right. It's so true, God will show us things we've been too blind to see.

Blessings today my friend. Have a great week!

Becky Wolfe said...

This is interesting because it just goes to show you that all the 'book learnin' doesn't necessarily constitute actual knowledge or wisdom. And it certainly doesn't constitute truth. God can reveal is truths in the simplest ways!

Thanks for sharing this my friend!