Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Warmth of Friends


















Here I am on Mother's Day standing in my new backyard! (notice my pet duck) For my birthday I was given a membership to a beautiful Arboretum. Miles of beautiful paths and trails await to be explored. I'll tell you more later—because I want to tell you about...

The Warmth of Friends

A week of unexpected support from friends warmed my heart. Our friends Jeff and Sharon took Mozart and I out to dinner for our birthdays. Bamboo hung from the ceiling and painted elephants graced the walls as we dined on delicious Thai food. Jeff gave me his latest CD of piano music. (passionately and beautifully played) It’s entitled, This I Know, Ageless Hymns of Faith.
It now wakes me up in the morning and lulls me to sleep at night.

Then, Sunny called, and asked if Mozart and I wanted to hear Alistair Begg speak. I often hear Pastor Begg on the radio. Originally from Scotland, he now pastors a church in Cleveland, Ohio. Tonight he was speaking in a city not far from our home.

Sunny’s husband, drove us through the rain soaked streets and we soon became imbedded in a long line of cars. Due to a lightening storm, traffic lights were out. Although it took forever to get there it was good to be together. We’ve known Sunny and Jon since college days—and its been awhile since the four of us were all in one car…just like old days! Pastor Begg gave a great message inspiring us to share Christ…with simplicity.

I’m also thankful for my friends in Moms In Touch, the Writers Critique group and my Sunday School class for emailing me job leads!

And…my wonderful blogging friends. Their encouraging comments and emails keep me going!

If you don't hear from me in a few days...I'm busy working on my resume.

4 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

How nice!

We heard Allistair Begg at the family camp we go to. Wonderful man of God who preaches the Word!

Dawn said...

You look absolutely gorgeous in your new fabulous yard! It sounds like you have had a wonderful week. I'm so glad for you!

Thank you so much for your prayers for our situation.

Anonymous said...

Love the new backyard! What a wonderful gift.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my music Sharon! Glad that it is such an encouragement!
Jeff